14 July 2014

Morning Plan

I went to bed last night thinking that I would have a tough decision to make this morning -- do I take Peaches to the show this weekend or not.  The tough decision is now easy.  The answer is 'no'.  Two big sneezes helped answer it.  Whatever the virus we have in this house, she now has it.  She may get over it by Saturday or she may not.  In any case I won't risk taking her.

I'm still left with trying to figure out what to try to accomplish today.  I so impressed with the cleaning up in my studio that I would like to do more, but (a) the studio is done except for major re-arranging which I don't want to do and (b) there are other rooms that need basic clutter removal.  And it's clutter removal, not really cleaning, that I'm talking about.  I would like to do something fun and creative, but I honestly have no idea what I would do.

Today's list:
  1. Sand the bad spots in the bathroom.  I keep putting this off and off, but if I don't get it done soon, school will start and it still won't be done.  My goal is to have it done, excluding any trompe l-oeil painting, by the 25th of July, so I can start on the bookcases either in the study or the bedroom.
  2. Make an appointment for the dentist.  I truly hate going to the dentist and this goes back to my childhood when I had a rather masochistic dentist.  (He figured a 10 yr didn't need Novocaine for a filling.)  In all the chaos of the last few years, I have neglected my teeth (and other things) so now I have to pay the price.
  3. Thoroughly clean the kitchen.  There's a couple of shelves one cupboard that would be more usable if the contents were switched.  The kitchen table has lots of stuff that needs to be put away because someone (whistling here) buys stuff in town, comes home, and leaves it on the table.  And the area around the phone needs to be de-junked.  I'm sure I will have some fuzzy helpers.
If I do get done with all that, maybe I'll dig out the quilt I was working on years ago and continue working on.  I'd like to sew some vests, but it seems really silly to me to start yet another project when this little quilt could and should be finished up.

And now, off to make cat food...

No comments: