12 July 2014

Day 1 Post(?) Facebook: Recap

Well, with a couple of suggestions and some trial and error, I have managed to get Facebook to work.  It still isn't working 100%, but I can use it.  I'm happy and upset by this all at once.  Happy because I know I would miss interacting regularly with some of my friends and miss help kitties.  Upset because part of me was looking forward to not using Facebook (I have a love/hate relationship with it) and because there is something just not right maybe with my computer. (Things should work so when they don't, I get horribly frustrated!)

In any case, I'm going to try to keep Facebook to a minimum, except for my cat health group.  I worked hard to create that group and it does seem to help some people, so I hate chucking it.

I must confess during the time I thought I was off of Facebook, I got a lot done.  I had 3 things on my to-do list and they all got done.

  1. Took Tom to the bookstore.  He did well getting there and while we were there, but not so good once we got home.  He found some books, and of course, I found some.  His were mainly science fiction.  Mine were all over the place from self-help (and I really need a lot of help!) to historical fiction to some art books and of course a cat book.
  2. Cleaned 4 litter boxes... Oh the fun and excitement!
  3. Dug out the tai chi and weight lifting books.  I still need to figure out exactly what I will be doing for the weight lifting, but I also know I need to buy some equipment and find some area to do it in.  I would like to do it in the house, but the cats will help.  So, the garage?  The tai chi I will read over the beginning moves of the 24-forms and practice them tomorrow morning.  I'm thinking even during the school year, I could do the tai chi  and qigong in the morning before I go to work, then weight lifting or walking at night when I get home on alternate nights.
Plus, I got 3 loads of laundry washed, dried, and put away!  This kind of makes up for the fact I didn't do the dishes.  I know part of this is because I stated publicly that I would do this stuff but part of it is also because I didn't have to run and check if so-and-so posted a reply or what about that kitty over there or ....

So, I'm actually fairly pleased with today.

No comments: