22 February 2013

A Weekend Adventure!

It's been an 'interesting' week and I do have lots of papers to grade, but I'm taking time out to go to a cat show.  I'm fairly excited over going although it's 3 hours away.  (One of the disadvantages of living in the middle of no-where is some-where is far away...)

Anyway, it's the Malibu Cat Club's show in Glendale, CA!  250 cats to enjoy with 44 persians, including 2 persians owned by a friend.  I'm excited to see my friend (and her cats).  Plus with getting Peaches, I need to go shopping for various items usually available at shows, such as special combs and shampoos.

I do have some misgivings about showing cats, in part because I did try to show Clarissa as a pet.  Her career ended badly in her 3rd show.  I hope that Peaches, who was shown as a kitten, can adjust to being shown again.

Well, I need to do a few things, like check out the directions and charge my camera, before going to bed.  The show begins at 9am -- 2-3 hour drive... early wake-up call!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time Linda! I am a cat show Groupie LOL! I enjoy shopping for my cats at the shows too. So many interesting items to look at and buy. I hope you have a wonderful day! ENJOY! Joane

Barbara said...

Have a great time, Linda, and tell us all about it. I only attend one show a year to pick up toys I don't find elsewhere. Wonderful to see all the different breeds of cat.