27 January 2013

CH Kistha Peaches-N-Cream

Peaches

CH Kistha Peaches-N-Cream is a shaded cameo girl, who is 3.5 years old.  She's being retired from a breeding program.  The truly special part about her is that she will soon be coming to live with me.


A dear friend, who breeds Persians, wants me to have a healthy Persian and wants me to have a cat I can show.  Peaches is the solution.  I am more than a bit honored that she would entrust Peaches to me.

And I'm terribly excited.

Now, I have thought long and hard about getting Peaches -- this is not a snap decision.  So before people criticize me for getting another cat, for not getting a rescue cat, or for getting a cat to show, please consider this.  I have taken in and cared for the 'unadoptable and unwanted' cats for 15+ years.  I donate considerable sums to help cat rescues.  And I have spent hours helping people with their cats.  At some point, I do think I have earned the right to have a healthy cat just to enjoy and play with (as in show). 

5 comments:

Barbara said...

You certainly have and she is a beauty! You are giving a good home to a retired queen and that is rescue work as well. No guilt trips, please.

What constitutes a shaded cameo?

L.M. Hornberger said...

A shaded cameo has white fur tipped in red. The chest, stomach, and ear tuffs are white. Her coloring is similar to a silver chinchilla but with red instead of black.

The Municipal Blond said...

This is SO exciting!! Congratulations!!

Cynthia said...

Awesome Linda, look forward to welcoming you to the red club. She's a doll ~^..^~

L.M. Hornberger said...

A tortie and a red -- life will be...ahm... more interesting? LOL!