01 January 2013

2013 Resolutions

Like I said last night, I thought about where I was in 2012, where I want to be, and what to do about it in 2013.  The long and short of it is I don't like who I am -- I'm fat, mean at times, selfish, boring, and getting stupider.  I don't want to be like that, so I need to stop the slide and do something.

I have a few simple resolutions which should help.  I used to make long lists of complicated resolutions which I always failed to keep.  Now, being older and wiser, I keep it short and simple.

So, here are my resolutions for 2013:
For my mind:  I will work through a book on advanced geometry.
For my body:  I will exercise daily, if only for 10-15 minutes of yoga or tai chi.
For my spirit:  I will blog daily or as close to that as I can.
For my cats:  I will make sure to have homemade food for them and not get lazy.
For my husband:  I will limit internet usage so I can spend more time talking to him.
For my career:  I will praise my students more.
For my house:  I will clean 1 hr per day when I have days off.
For my friends:  I will be more generous.

I actually have another set of resolutions, which I'm stilling thinking about, all about my body.  The problem is I'm turning 50 this year, I'm fat (could lose 30lbs and still be overweight), and I feel like I'm falling apart.  If not for me, then I have to at least stay healthy for hubby and my cats.  But if I can get the above resolutions going, then working on my body more will be easier.

No comments: